Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bodacious Bod…I mean... Blog of Succulence

When I hear the word “succulence” is reminds me of a childhood memory…wait for it… a suckling pig. You see, I grew up in a household of many pig roasts. Birthdays, anniversaries, my father’s work functions held at our house and celebrations of all sorts consisted of the roasting of a sucking pig over hot charcoals from the early wee morning hours into the afternoon. So it’s kind of a cluster mess in my head because it is a pig (something that I normally associate being a larger animal) yet this is a small baby pig that only fed on its mother’s milk for two to six months. Keep this is mind as you continue to read.

Anyway.  I am working really hard on reverting my words inside my head into poetry to my heart. I want my words to be kind, loving, and non-judgmental towards myself. I would be lying to you  if I said I was living that!! My head is a verbal war of unhealthy thoughts towards myself.  What I am trying to get at is... I feel like I am large and in charge!! There, I said it. I feel FAT. I feel BLOATED, I feel HUGE, I feel Colossal. And you know what?? From being down in my 160’s... in shape... 5 Time Marathon Completer......multiple half marathons..... to where I am now..is just…ugh, beyond frustrating. I did it to myself. Too much Mac-and-Cheese. Way too much comfort eating from last year has crept up. Lots of beer, wine and cheese. Ironically, I still went to the YMCA three to four times a week…but when my diet intake doesn’t align with the stars of my workouts…I am nothing. Here is the PROOF!

Today’s Weigh-In:
184.2 LBS.
NOT my idea of a Bodacious Body for me…  

I can’t believe I just typed that. In my conscious I see a happy picture of me…with the words “Bodacious Blog of Succulence” on the marquee above my head… but my ugly subconscious tells me something else. She sees a “Succulent Pig (or Donut) Race” on the big screen at a at the Major League Baseball Game. You know the visual I am speaking of…there are three different colored or flavored donuts (replace he donut with a cute piggy) running around a track trying to cross the finish line in order for you to win a Donut or Coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts?

Gah--The whole world now knows MY weight. Embarrassed, in tears, ashamed…and…it’s summer. I mean, last month I was 10LBs heavier… thus, I know I am making moves in the right direction. Now I just need to make sure that I am keeping up with my tracking, working out and attending my Weight Watchers meetings.

Oh, and of course—speak well to myself for I know that it is 80% of my personal successes.  

Dear Self,
 Remember the way you felt after the Chicago Marathon?!
        You still have it in you! Go get 'em Girl!
Last night was a typical night with the exception of the heat and odd bursts of wind that made the leaves on the trees dance their pods off. It felt like it was in the hundos with the heat index! I left work and ran to the grocery store to pick up this week’s treasures. Johnson was coming into town because he still doesn’t have a air conditioning unit in his place. His request for dinner?

The Giant Burrito! (The GIANT Burrito Bowl! for me)

All point related foods:
4oz of Ground Turkey with Low Sodium Taco Seasoning (4PTS+)
½ Cup of Fat Free Refried Beans (2PTS+)
1/8 Cup of Fat Free Sour Cream (1PTS+)
¼ of an Avocado (2PTS+)
2 TBS of Fresca Queso Salsa (1PTS+)
La Tortilla Low Carb (3PTS+)
1 TSP of olive oil (for my Grilled Onions)

All of the FREE foods:
Fresh Diced off the vine tomatoes
Romaine
Cilantro
Grilled Onions

Don’t underestimate the simplicity of this. I mean, I know…it is a ‘Rito but GOOD GOLY it is something that is so filling AND has thousands of ways that it could be tailored to your liking (and in a potentially point friendly manner)!! As an example, I didn’t use any avocado last night and skipped the tortilla thus my bowl was 8PTS+ and I was FULL! I just packed on the Romaine and Tomatoes like it was the last time they would be pulled from the garden. Oh, and I may have provided an extra oomph of Fresca Queso and sour cream to mix everything together to create more of a Mexican Goulash! So cheesy, so gooey, so yummy. Ugh, I am salivating for it right now. Johnson’s ended up being 14PTS+ (he added one more OZ of turkey to his burrito) . This meal created a happy couple. So, so good. I ended the night with a 50 minute bike ride on the Blue Boo Hello Kitty Cruiser which made me a happy, happy girl.

I know this was a semi-downer post which I promise you will be reverted to a positive blog—but I must remain true to the way that I feel and work out these demons in my head.

So, how are you feeling? How do you safe yourself from the negative talk in your head?

Best,
Tiffany Noelle.

***This was a very difficult post for me to write and actually post for the world to see. I am only expressing the way that I feel about myself and am in no way, shape or form trying for this post to be offensive to persons of the blog world. I started this blog as a way for me to express the good, the bad, and the ugly of the 180 transformation I am so gladly going through currently.***


No comments:

Post a Comment